It is a way to financially support small local projects, which improve financial, social and cultural well-being in rural areas. It is also a way to support education and activate local inhabitants, companies and organisation to develope their own area.
What about Kärki-LEADER?
Etelä-Karjalan Kärki-LEADER ry (South Karelian Kärki-LEADER c/o) is one of the 54 local action groups in Finland. It operates in the rural areas of Imatra and in the towns of Ruokolahti, Rautjärvi and Parikkala. The 12- membered goverment of the action group consists equally of the representatives of local inhabitants, organisations and public administration.Locally made development plan is the basis of the work of the organisation. The aim of the devlopment plan is ”improvment of the quality of life in rural area; work and living, welfare and comfortability”.The annual membership fee is 10 euros for local inhabitants and 30 euros for organisations.
Kärki-LEADER and transnational cooperation
South Karelian Kärki-LEADER have three ongoing transnational projects;
JoIN - Job, Innovation and Networking in rural area – transnational cooperation LEADER project
- Support networking actions and generation of job opportunities and economic development; - Support the access of young generations to the job;
- Support the connections between food and wine chains and rural tourism through new working experiences;
- Strengthen local networks and partnership in the rural area.
Cooperation partners: GAL Garda Valsabbia- Italy, GAL Valle Seriana e dei Laghi bergamaschi- Italy, GAL Valle Brembana- Italy, Castangniccia mare e monti- Italy, Consorci GAL - Alt Urgell - Cerdanya- Spain, GAL Haute Provence Luberon - France, Communaute de communes- Italy and other associated and financial partners from Italy.
Timeframe for execution 2019-2021
SEIC2- 2nd generation- for improved sustainable livelihoods in countryside- project
- Offer possibility to get transnational experience and skills in an easy and very practical way
- Develop further the transnational network created during SEIC project and the platform (using technology and personal contacts)
- Enhance share of good practices and know-how between actors of all participating areas
- Encourage young people and younger generation of the project target enterprises and NGOs to stay in rural areas and become economically sustainable
Cooperation partners: Lag East-Harju Partnership Ngo – Estonia, Leader Sepra - Finland, Leader Länsi-Saimaa Ngo – Finland, Pohjois-Kymen Kasvu Ngo – Finland, Leader Viisari – Finland, Lag Development Centre Ngo – Estonia, Rural Partnership "Lielupe" – Latvia.
Timeframe for execution 2019-2021
NatGeo Yellow Frames- Living on the Edge, Yellow frames on Finnish Green Belt – project
- to provide an improved experience for visitors to the rural areas
- to enhance the service provision at various sites identified by research
- to promote National Geographic magazine and society as general and global information source of Nature destinations (in Finland)
- to carry out local actions to make improvements to the tourism product and also to conduct some joint actions.
Cooperation partners: Leader Sepra - Finland, Causeway Coast and Glens LAG - Norhern Ireland, Tartu County Development Association (TAS) - Estonia, Valga County Partnership Board - Estonia, Võru County Partnership - Estonia, Jõgeva County Cooperation Chamber- Estonia, Borderlands Leader- Estonia.
Timeframe for execution 2018-2020
Etelä-Karjalan Kärki-LEADER ry
59100 Parikkala, FINLAND
Ms. Riitta Bagge
Phone: +35850 5969 489